I would like to share this list of free/open source books about R. These books teach different topics: tha basics of R, how to do graphs, statistics, econometrics… Most of these books are web-based, but some books are in pdf format. Just as a note: I have not used or checked of all them. As a final comment: I will be updating this list.
Start with R
- R for Beginners by Emmanuel Paradis
- R para principiantes (in Spanish) by Juan Bosco Mendoza Vega
- Hands-On Programming with R by Garrett Grolemund
- More advanced level: Advanced R by Chapman, & Hall’s R Series.
- R Graphics Cookbook, 2nd edition by Winston Chang
- ggplot2: Elegant Graphics for Data Analysis by Hadley Wickham, Danielle Navarro, & Thomas Lin Pedersen.
- Data Visualization with R by Rob Kabacoff
- R for Data Science by collaborative platform
- Data Science in Education with R by Ryan A. Estrellado, Emily A. Bovee, Jesse Mostipak, Joshua M. Rosenberg, & Isabella C. Velásquez
- Introduction to Econometrics with R by Christoph Hanck, Martin Arnold, Alexander Gerber & Martin Schmelzer
- Library of Statistical Techniques (LOST) (they show you how to implement them with Python, R and Stata) originated by Nick Huntington-Klein & maintained by volunteer contributors.
- Mastering Spark with R by Javier Luraschi, Kevin Kuo & Edgar Ruiz
- R para profesionales de los datos: una introducción (in Spanish) by Carlos J. Gil Bellosta
- Forecasting: Principles and Practice (3rd ed) by Rob J. Hyndman and George Athanasopoulos
- Handling Strings With R (only the preview of the first four chapters) by Gaston Sanchez
- R Markdown: The Definitive Guide by Yihui Xie, J. J. Allaire, & Garrett Grolemund
- Escritura de libros con bookdown (in Spanish) by Fernández-Casal, R., & Cotos-Yáñez, T.R.
- bookdown: Authoring Books and Technical Documents with R Markdown by Yihui Xie
- Elegant, flexible, and fast dynamic report generation with R by Yihui Xie
- R Markdown Workshop by Resul Umit
- Geocomputation with R by Robin Lovelace, Jakub Nowosad, & Jannes Muenchow
- Mastering Software Development in R by Roger D. Peng, Sean Kross, and Brooke Anderson
- blogdown: Creating Websites with R Markdown by Yihui Xie, Amber Thomas & Alison Presmanes Hill
- R packages (work-in-progress 2nd edition) by Hadley Wickham, & Jenny Bryan
- Mastering Shiny by Hadley Wickham
Finally, any comment, suggestion or open source book to share, feel free to write me!
Last update: September 2021